The individuals served in this program are encouraged to develop their unique talents and interests through experiential learning opportunities. Carefully coordinated activities are presented in both on-site and community based settings, empowering each individual to identify and work towards personal goals and aspirations.
This program stands apart from other day activity programs in a variety of ways:
- Individuals are given the opportunity to explore their community regularly using our small fleet of accessible vehicles. At present, we are operating over 100 outings each month to local restaurants, recreational activities, and volunteer initiatives.
- The robust Volunteer Involvement Program empowers our individuals to strengthen their community through partnerships with local agencies such as Meals on Wheels, the San Antonio Food Bank, Ronald McDonald House, and more!
- The Arc partners with many institutions of higher education, offering rotation hours for medical students and collaborating on various projects with individuals in fields such as: nursing, dental hygiene, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
- We are able to support the needs of individuals requiring more physical assistance and who may be classified as medically fragile.
At The Arc, we know that in order to provide excellent services, you have to have a great team of staff. To that end, we constantly invest in staff training that will expand their toolkits to enable them to provide quality and innovative care to the individuals in our programs. We value a community of continuous learning and partner with subject matters experts who provide trainings on a variety of topics such as: basic medical supports, positive behavior supports, and emergency preparedness.
- Have a diagnosis of an intellectual and/or developmental disability (I/DD), autism spectrum, or dual diagnosis with I/DD
- Be over the age of 18
- Have state program funding or the ability to pay privately for program fees
For More Information Contact:
Elisa Williams - Client Coordinator
210-490-4300 ext. 119