Fully-Accessible Swimming Pool
Water is life, and here at the Arc Aquatic Center, we’re proud to offer a place for everyone to have a place to swim and receive aquatic therapy.
This is San Antonio’s first fully-accessible swimming area. Featuring two pools, our aquatic center offers a general pool of 4′ maximum depth with sloped entry, hand rails and solar heating. A separate, smaller pool boasts its own drain and ultraviolet sanitation equipment, and is designed exclusively for children and adults who wear diapers.
Created with our residents in mind, and available to other children and adults, who may be excluded from pools in San Antonio, our center is open for both our Arc participants and our partner agencies for weekly, day-time use.
All Arc of San Antonio participants must have a pool consent form on file to swim during the day.
Arc Pool Lease Agreement
A lease agreement needs to be signed and a 50% deposit is required to reserve your space on the calendar.
The remainder must be paid no later than 5 PM one week prior to the event. If parties are cancelled less than 7 days prior to the event, The Arc will keep the one-half deposit.
- Non-profit partner agencies and group home rentals
$100 maintenance fee, includes 3 hours of pool time + $13/hr for lifeguards
By reservation only
- Private Parties
$200 includes 3 hours of pool time + $13/hr for lifeguards
By reservation only
Contact Rose, 210-682-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to make your reservation.
General Facility Rules:
- No food or drink is allowed in the pool. Food and drink may be consumed at designated areas around the pool.
- No alcohol or firearms are allowed on The Arc’s property or in the pool area. Violators will be asked to leave immediately.
- All refuse and waste paper must be deposited in the designated receptacles.
- No glass containers allowed in the aquatic center area.
- No smoking is allowed on The Arc’s property.
- Do not leave valuables unattended around the pool area.
- All those entering the pool must be wearing appropriate swimming attire or bathing suits. Tee shirts may be worn over swimsuits in the water for modesty or medical reasons. No cut off shorts or gym shorts allowed.
- Lifeguards have the authority to order all swimmers out of the pool at any time. This may happen during any emergency or as weather conditions dictate. The pool will be cleared if the lifeguard can hear thunder or see lightning.
- After appropriate warning, Lifeguards have the authority to eject anyone from the pool if pool rules are not being followed.
- Absolutely no diving allowed in this pool due to maximum 4 foot depth!!
- Only pool toys, floats, rafts, inflated items, kick boards, etc. that are approved by The Arc will be allowed in the pool.